Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tip Tuesday: Two Unusual Cleaning Products

Have you ever heard of this?
 I have my sister-in-law's mom to thank for this tip!

You know that weird, black grime that accumulates on the plastic floor of your walk in shower stall?  Well, this is the stuff that will get rid of it!


Lestoil!

It's sortof an old-fashioned cleaning product that you can still find at most stores.  Just pour a little on that grime and scrub it with a scrub brush in small circles.  You'll be amazed what happens and you'll be thanking my sister-in-law's mom for her help.

And speaking of old-fashioned cleaning products....

Fels-Naptha soap costs less than a buck.

It will remove stains in clothing.

Annnnnnddd.... it will also remove poison ivy oils from your skin if you use it after being out in the poison ivy patch.  Take it camping.  Send it with your kids to camp (probably a little late for that one).  Keep a bar in the shower for really dirty people.



Buy a bunch and stick them in your pantry.  Just in case they decide to stop making it.  Which would be a bummer!  This is the soap you use to make your own laundry detergent, too.  If you want to do that, go here.  It's really easy.  But it smells a little like paint thinner...which takes some getting used to.

OK, that's all I can think of at the moment.

What old-fashioned cleaning tips or products do you guys like?




4 comments:

  1. I have a small stash of Nels-Naptha soap that I use for laundry soap...but I will definitely try to for other uses! Will do, for sure.

    And the Lestoil...well, happy day! Never heard of it but I am going to buy some ASAP!

    Thanks for the tips.

    The only old-fashioned product I use is vinegar. I use it to clean SO many things. And to cook with. And make Easter eggs. And, and, and...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sortof on the vinegar rampage, too. I'm even drinking it and using it on my face. (But you already knew that I was strange) So now I smell like an Easter egg! : /

      Hey! You should write a post about all those ands that you use the vinegar for. I've been curious...

      Delete
  2. I bought a steamer, and I love using it to clean tile and grout in the shower, as well as around the toilet (I have five boys who just can't aim.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I've thought of getting one of those so that maybe I would actually clean the kitchen floor. Never thought to use it in the bathroom, though.

      As for the boys... well, I've got four with the same problem. You're braver than me-- There is no way I'm cleaning their bathroom!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!