Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Homestead Montage

 Here's what's been going on around the ole homestead.

Lots of veggies, as you can see.

Oh my, I'm so amazed by my garden!

Come take a look...

Oregano drying.  There's plenty more growing out there in that pot on the deck.



The girls picked all this stuff.  They were having so much fun.

A baby cantaloupe.  How cute!

Arugula lettuce going to seed.  Not sure if I wanna save those, since the lettuce was gross.  But it sure grew good. 

That's yellow pear tomato jam.  I know, weird, right?
Here's what's in it.  A very yellow food.

Second batch of pickled banana peppers.  Super easy!

More good stuff.

A Carnival Pepper.  Interesting.

Fresh eggs don't peel very well.  Gotta wait a week or so next time.

Oregano and basil about to go into my homemade spaghetti sauce.  Yummo!

This morning's haul.  I feel so blessed!

Too bad we can't eat these.  There's plenty!

It's so breezy out... it feels like the beach today.  Gotta love that!

I hope you all have a nice day!

2 comments:

  1. Here's my comment:

    I KNOW THE SECRET TO GETTING THE FRESH EGGS TO PEEL! The key is starting with COLD eggs from the fridge - Then put then in BOILING water for 12 minutes - Then put the in ICE water to cool. They will peel perfectly. Cold to hot to cold again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!