Thursday, August 2, 2012

Life on the Farm... Another Montage

Because I'm too busy to write words...
 I'll just show you what's been going on around the ole homestead in pictures.

Graci with onions and garlic.

Graci and chives.
Cukes reaching their limit.

These are enjoying the heat.

Trellis at work.

This is more cucumbers than we can eat, believe it or not.

Prolific peppers.

Tomato cages are worthless.  Just sayin'

My lawn is dead.  My garden is a lush jungle.  Amazing what a little water will do!

Make some of these.  They're amazing!

Me in my office.

Ben's flowers.

Cilantro getting goofy.

Lots to do.  Lots to do.


Salsa.  : )

Grind some wheat.  Bake some bread.
Relish.  And I've just gotta say that if you've never made it homemade before (which I haven't) you'll be amazed and impressed with yourself because it is soooo much better than the store kind.



The End.

Oh, and today is the first day of the 127 Yard Sale which is the longest yard sale in the world.  And I live close to it.  And I'm going.  Because my family of nine only owns one dresser.  I'm not sure why, but it's inconvenient.  So, hopefully I'll score a few today.  : )

The End.  For Real.

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo jealous of your canning skills.

    And I relish your relish!

    So wish I had a big honkin' garage sale to go to, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each year, some things in the garden thrive, others don't. This year, I was able to can potatoes and tomatoes, and the garlic did well. No green beans, though, which have always been the best producers in past years. And we planted the peppers too close to the tomatoes, which didn't stay in their cages. We're learning how to make it through a drought this year. Hopefully, the apples will finish well. I've made pickles, which everyone loves. I'll have to try relish next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!