Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tip Tuesday: Cream of Anything Soup Mix


Ooh, you guys are gonna love this one!  How many times have you planned out the meal & gathered up the ingredients only to find that you're one can short of a casserole?

Never again!  Just mix up a batch of this super easy instant mix and you'll be back in business in no time.


Here's what you need :

(except not as big, of course)
 Cream of Anything Soup Mix
 4 C powdered milk (not pictured)
1 1/2 C cornstarch
1/2 C chicken bouillon granules
4 t dried onion flakes
2 t basil
1 t pepper

Mix it all up and store it in an airtight container in the pantry.

 The trickiest part is making bouillon cubes into granules.  Here's my improv method...


 There, that worked just fine.  1/2 cup equals about 20 cubes.


When it's mixed up, it looks like this:



To make one can of soup, mix 1/3 cup of mix with one cup of water.  Easy as that!

I've also tried mixing it directly into the hot noodle mixture, kindof like hamburger helper.  Then just pour in some more milk or water until it's nice and creamy.  It totally works!


 Canned soup used to be so cheap that I always had a case of each kind handy in my pantry.  I just don't think it's worth the price anymore, so I found this mix to take its place.  I found the recipe a long time ago at Hillbilly Housewife.  But I always end up modifying things in some way, usually for lack of ingredients...  Anyways, if you want to check her out, here's the link.  She's a pretty handy lady!

Hey!  It must be two-tip Tuesday.  : )  


Have a souper day, ya'll!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!