Thursday, May 24, 2012

Goodbye Faux

Yesterday started out just like any other normal day...  get up, make Captain's lunch, read Bible, snuggle Benjamin on the swing, make kid's breakfast, manage the chores, write a blog, clean the kitchen, organize a few kitchen cupboards.  And then it happened.  For some reason I decided to pull out the stove...


And this is what I found.
Gasp. Oh the shame!



17 years worth of built up disgustingness. (Only one of those years is mine.)


And Ben's favorite hot wheels car.




So, I rescued the car and cleaned the rest up.  And went on to describe the reason why motherhood should be featured on "Dirty Jobs."  No explanation needed, really.



Then it happened.  For real.  I decided to see just how attached that terrible looking fake brick paneling was.  And it turns out that it wasn't really all that attached.  So, instead of waiting until the lunch rush was over, like most normal people would do, I just started tearing it off.


And then Noah joined in... he's earning money for church camp.


And in a couple of hours it was a thing of the past.  The very dark, bricky past.





So, now I'm trying to decide if I should do stucco or just sand and paint or if I should go ahead and tile the back splash, while I'm at it.  This will be my only window of opportunity.  I just got the garden in the day before, and pretty soon I'll be in canning mode and my kitchen will be overrun with work.  Not to mention school starting back up.

So, there you have it.


A day in the life of a crazy, artsy-fartsy, homesteading mother of seven.

(that should probably be the header to my blog)

But I'm happy to say that I prefer liquid nails and drywall to faux brick any day!

Yeah, so what do ya think?  Any color suggestions?  I might just leave it like this for a while until I decide.  It looks sortof rustic.  : )

Leave me a comment... I absolutely Looove hearing from you all!


4 comments:

  1. Ah! Jen! It already looks better! haha! I have no idea about colors though. I am totally not artsy in that way, but I always love the stuff you do! I forgot to mention how much I LOVE what you wrote above the entry to your kitchen by the stairs. How did you do that?! -Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That was just a stick on thing from Wally World. Super easy!

      Delete
  2. Looks totally different! Yellow? Or do you already have that? I would probably pick a crazy dark color, like plum, but I gather you are wanting to be out with the dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sortof leaning toward yellow... even though my LR is yellow, too. Cheery! I like plum, but not brave enough to use alot of it.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!