Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tip Tuesday: Let It Be


You know that old Beatle's song?  Yeah, now that's some good stuff!

I can get so stinkin' wrapped around the axle sometimes about the dumbest things.  And before I know it I missed out on a whole day of good things.  Or a week.  Or in my case right now... a month.  Just because I'm mulling over something that is really bothering me.  Alot.  And it shouldn't be that way at all.  Especially for a Christian!  It's pathetic.


I know, you can't really see it from my photos.  Everything looks fine.  But it's not... because there's some really important relationships in my life that are totally screwed up.  And when it's like that, you either have a choice to freak out about it and ruin your day and everybody else's or you can just let it be.  You know, it is what it is.  And since we can't ever really change another person, the only real choice we have is to let it be.  And stop dwelling on the shortcomings of life.

Oh, and stay off of facebook as much as possible.  Because that contributes to my craziness.  And leaves me feeling let down.  And disappointed with life.  But it's all not reality.  It's just the best face forward from everybody you know.  Without any of the crappy stuff.
(And I have a serious problem with using sentence fragments.)
 Oh well.  It is what it is.

Have you heard that silly country song, "God is great, beer is good and people are crazy?"  OK, our version says that coffee it good, but still.  It's so true.


God is great.
Coffee is good.
People are crazy.

It is what it is.

 Let it be.

I found this really good thought on a step-parenting forum recently that made so much sense to me, if I could just wrap my mind around it:

By becoming a “lover of reality”, you get to actually enjoy the drama of life, instead of feeling only wronged, victimized, and hurt by life... Freedom and peace come from meeting life fully with what it brings you instead of wishing, hoping, or needing life to be different than what it is. 

I'm gonna write that on a note card and put it by the kitchen sink.   And the bathroom mirror.  For when I get in a funk and forget to enjoy the reality of life.  Because it is what it is.  And nothing else.  Just let it be.


 Let it be, let it be 
 Let it be, let it be 
Whisper words of wisdom 
 Let it be
 
And when the brokenhearted people 
Living in the world agree
There will be an answer, let it be
 
For though they may be parted 
There is still a chance that they will see 
There will be an answer, let it be
 
Let it be, let it be 
Let it be, let it be  
Yeah, there will be an answer let it be

2 comments:

  1. This was so comforting to me today! God is so so good. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I can totally relate to what you're saying. Totally. And the Facebook thing? I can relate to that too... Except that I'm one of those people that can't stand that fake, happy all the time, front. I've shared some of my pain.... But for the most part, it's either ignored or condemned. How dare I share somethIng negative!!! Oh well. I'm not gonna change myself to fit into someone else's idea of who I should be.
    :) Lorri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!