Monday, May 7, 2012

A Home School Graduation

It.  is.  Finished.




The lists and lists... and lists of lists.


The planning and stress and worry.


The 14 years of home schooling.



The graduation, reception and party...




It all turned out so great.  I've just got to tell you about it.



So, here's the recap...

First, we all worked together to decorate our house and get ready for the fiesta... which was going to be directly after the reception, which was after the graduation.  I know that was sortof dumb planning, but most of our guests were driving from far away and could only come if it was all smashed into one day.

Here's all four girls doing dishes together.  I thought that was cute.

 And these paper lanterns were at Dollar Tree and they are awesome.

Then we went over to the church to decorate for the reception.  I ordered over 300 balloons, I'm not sure why.
I taught Graci and my friend, Angie, how to make a balloon arch.  I told them that I learned how when I was in the circus.  Some of the teenagers actually believed me...  I'm not sure why.

Here it is, and they were quite proud of it!


These are some of the teenagers who suffered for the cause.  They're looking a little light-headed...


OK, on to the graduation...which was awesome.

With a house Full of us + lots of out-of-town guests, we all managed to get ready and get there on time.  Brittney (Jacob's older sister) and Luke, her husband, were able to take some pictures before the ceremony.



Jacob was nervous, but he wouldn't say so.  He just kept playing the piano...



We had to fill up the helium balloons in the morning.  Everybody pitched in.  They looked great.  But,  I obviously forgot to check Ben's hair before we left.  I think "the girls" fixed it.   Ooops.  : )

The ceremony was sweet...

With only three graduates, each got to spend 15 minutes however they wanted.  We put together a slideshow of Jacob's growing up years.  That was a sentimental journey.

The two young ladies gave speeches.  Jacob just laughed at his dad's speech.


Something about Jacob putting a kush ball in a bottle of cooking oil when he was a toddler...

And how proud he was of Jacob being so determined to figure things out and solve problems.
I got a rose and a thank-you.
And Jacob got his diploma.

After a prayer for all the graduates,

we all gave them a big, huge round of applause and it was over.



On to the reception...

All the homeschool moms pitched in and there was cake and punch and lots of other fancy snacks.


They each had a little spot on the table for cards and pictures.


We were all so proud!

This is the Moms of the graduates pretending to be cheering but feeling silly.  Everybody loved that balloon arch.  Good thing I spent all that time in the circus!  ; )


It was sad and happy and sad, but mostly happy.

Wow. This is a really long story, so I guess I'll just tell you about the party later.

To be continued...





5 comments:

  1. You made that balloon arch?! your list of secret talents boggles the mind! ;) Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nope, I just knew how. Angie and Graci made it. But thank you anyways... ; )

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Jacob and YOU! Brings tears to my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! Your turn will be here before ya know it.

      Delete
  3. Woew..what a great day Jen..makes my stomach hurt to think that will be us in a few years..it goes soooooo fast!
    -ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!