Friday, March 1, 2013

Febr-wirlwind

Today is March first.  Praise the Lord!

February is the shortest month of the year and also the most crazy, jam-packed-with-activity month for our family.  Here's a summary.


First... jewelry orders were in full swing for Valentine's day.  These nickel keychains sold like crazy.


These sales couldn't have come at a better time!



 Our furnace needed a $900 repair.  Holy crap, that was expensive!

And I cut my thumb really bad while making guacamole.  I know, pictures of injuries are really gross!
But it was especially a problem thanks to all those orders.  I'm not quite sure how I managed it, but it cut all the way to the bone. So Captain made the guacamole for me and I thought that was so very sweet!  And now it is healed nicely, although I severed a nerve and lost feeling in part of my thumb.  Oh well, it still works fine.  PTL.


OK, no more grossness!

Next, Noah went with some men from our church to volunteer doing construction at a teen challenge home for women.  I'm so proud of him!  We dropped him off early on Elijah's b-day.


So, Elijah and I went out for breakfast.  He's so sweet!  And then we went shopping for cake ingredients.


 And that evening we took him and his friend Zach and the whole rest of our family to Champs for unlimited laser tag, skating and pizza.  That was the only thing he wanted for his birthday!


It was a blast!  Laser tag is a blast!  If you've never done it, do it.  Fun-ola!
And the girls and I skated for three hours straight.  Which was a blast!

Happy 10th!


Next up, V-day!


And a sweet date to Smashburger.... because all the other restaurants were way too crowded!  And we sat on the same side of the booth, which made it much more romantic, you know.  : )


The next day, our homeschool group went ice skating.  Of course the girls and I had to figure out some fancy tricks out there in the middle.  It was soooo fun.  I only fell once.  And it hurt.


 And Ben skated like a wild man!



Two days later it was his 6th birthday.  Daddy made him breakfast.


After church we went to a dollar movie.  He wanted to see Wreck It Ralph.   Highly recommend, btw.


And he got to play the video games for real, with actual money, instead of just sitting there pretending, like he usually does!






Five days later... on to Patience's 12th!  She wanted bangs more than anything else.  So.....


 Then we went out to lunch and did a little shopping.  We always try to have a "birthday date" with each of the kiddos, just one-on-one.  I really like that.
Oh, and she loooooves her bangs!




The next day we went to our concealed carry class.  It was actually really good.  I learned a lot about laws and other important things.  The class had more women than men.  My good friend loaned me her gun.


There's a really easy written test, then on to shooting.
You only need 11 shots out of 20 on the entire target to pass the class!
 No prob, Bob.


Then on to more jewelry designs....


A bunch of baby sheep were born at the farm down the road.  And I love them!


Then Captain's good car broke.  The repair is gonna be around $3000.  Yes, that's the right amount of zeros.  We are totally disgusted.  And there goes our entire tax return.  Oh well.

So, I had to pick him up from work yesterday and we decided to do a little prom shopping, since we were all already in the big city.


And that, ladies and gentlemen, concludes the insane month of February. 

Wow is right.

Now it's time to start my seeds.  Yay! for March!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are busy...
    How did you get started with the jewelry and where do you get your supplies?
    Would you email me with any information and tips you have...
    I am wanting to get started doing this mainly for a project to help raise money for my sister-n-law who has cancer. Any help or advice you would be willing to give would be appreciated.
    Angie H
    angieaccoun@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!