Saturday, August 18, 2012

Homemade Lipton Green Tea

I love this stuff!

I buy it on special occasions... like for company or vacation.

That's because it's expensive.  Especially for a drink.  Since we all usually drink water.

But, on one of those rare occasions when I did buy it, I saved the jug.  Since it has a "flex grip, smooth pour."  And what's not to like about that??  And then it turned out that last weekend we needed to bring a drink to a potluck... and it would probably be rude to bring water.  So, that brings me to my amazing discovery.... You can easily make this stuff AT HOME.  And on the cheap!


Da Recipe:


Heat up a teapot full of water.  (or use 2 quarts in a sauce pan)  As soon as it boils, take it off the heat and toss in six green tea bags.

  Let it steep for at least 5 min.  Don't boil green tea because it gets bitter.  Then let it cool a bit, since you'll be putting it into the plastic jug.  Anyhoo, pour it into your jug (or gallon container) which will fill it half way.


 Add 1 1/2 Cups of sugar and 1/2-1/3 cups of lemon juice. (I couldn't decide which tasted closer to the real deal since mine got drunk/drank/drunken/? a long time ago.   Finish filling up the jug with cold water.  Tighten the lid and give it a good shake.  Refrigerate...  Wa-lah! 

That's all there is to it.  It's pretty sweet for my taste so I water it down a bit.
 And you saved at least three bucks and that's pretty sweet, too.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!