Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fun Family Fiesta... How to Make Mustaches


I never could figure out what the big deal is with all the mustaches, until....


 I bought some.

 And made some.


And everybody started having so much fun with them!



The stick on ones are fun.  I got a 6 pack at Hobby Lobby.  Actually I got 4 six packs.  But I also found a good how-to on Martha Stewart, and decided to try making some funny ones.  They are a real hit.  So, I thought I'd show you how we made them.

You basically draw out a mustache shape on scrap cardboard (shirt box) and cut it out.  Then trace the shape onto the back of some fake fur. (also from Hobby Lobby by the felt)  Cut it out carefully, with little scissors so you don't cut through the fur, just the backing.  Glue the fur to the cardboard, just a little glue, so it doesn't soak into the fur.  Let it dry.


Then cut a wire hanger for the handle.  I wrapped it in masking tape so it wouldn't be sharp on the ends.  Glue that to the back of the cardboard.  Set a weight on it (like a soup can) until it dries.



Here's a random picture of the stuff you need.


This is also a picture of my brain, lately.








Once they're dry you can style them.  You will not believe how much your family will enjoy styling mustaches.  It's pretty surprising!

A mustache bouquet!

Jesus beard... or lumberjack, depending on the stylist.

We got pretty carried away.  
So, there ya go!

Now all you need to do is hang some Christmas lights...



Cook up some Mexican food...


Mix up some kid-friendly margaritas...


And you're ready to Fiesta!

Adios, Amigos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!