Monday, May 28, 2012

Country Girls and Kitties

Got nothin' much to say today.

 So, here's Graci, Hailee, Ruth and Patience with the world's cutest kittens.

Hailee is our adopted daughter.  Not really.  She lives across the street but hangs out over here most of her waking hours.  It's cool that even though we live out in the middle of nowhere, God provided a buddy for our kids to play with.  Isn't that neat?


Hmmm.  What else...

We're still praying about what to do about a homeschool co-op next year.  Need to find our place.  You know, our tribe.  The place where we fit in.  If that is even possible!

And also church hopping, still.  Yuck.  We so hate that.  The only good thing is that you can wear the same thing every week and nobody knows.  And also, we get to meet a bunch of various Christians who we would otherwise not meet if we stayed at the same church forever.  The bad thing is that people assume you're an uncommitted Christian,  just because you're not committed to their church.  It's so much harder getting settled in a town where you have absolutely no roots and everybody is new.  Hard, but not impossible. We are soooo ready to get settled somewhere and get to work.

We did get to jam with a worship team a few times lately and that is so super fun.  These guys can really play country.  That's new to me, but also alot of fun.  And Noah, Graci and I get to play on motorcycle Sunday next week.

I wonder why they picked me???   I do wish I had a motorcycle.  Or a horse.  But not a tattoo.  No way.  OK, maybe a fake one.  But only for Motorcycle Sunday.

That's all my randomness for now.  I'm off to make some cook-out food and hang out with some of our new friends.

Hope you all have a nice, relaxing Memorial Day.




1 comment:

  1. AHHHHH Jen...its just like visiting with you to read this blog..I love it..our llife has been so crrazy busy lately..its unreal..but today..today..I AM RESTING..and that is why i have time to read and "visit" with you as I get caught up on your life and thoughts..its so cool. Just a thought..going to the same church..for MOSt of your life..has its good and bad points...Your situation with church..makes you really depend on the source..and that is good. thats not all I have to say about that..but we will save it for later..
    -ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!