Friday, May 25, 2012

Just Another Dangerous Snappy Thing

So there I was, happily spackling away in the kitchen when Noah called me outside, "Mom, you have GOT to come out here and see what I got!"

 Yesterday I taught the kids how to catch a four foot black snake, who happened upon the swing set area.  They chickened out.  I'm not sure why.

But today was even more exciting...  Noah found THIS:

 in the back yard!!!

He's a big, mean thing.  And snappy, too.


Creepy, right?



and he looks just like a rock in the creek.  That's the worst part.  A rock that can eat your toe.

We were quite interested.

Of course, we had to flip him over.
And hold him down.

 (Yes, I am wearing a skort and white running shoes.  OK, I'm a dork, I admit it.)

moving on...

He wasn't very happy about that.

Then Noah ran inside to google what to do with him.  We're not quite "Kentuckian" enough to eat him.  But don't want to lose any toes or pets.  So he's currently in a bucket in the driveway awaiting his demise.  Goodbye, Snappy.

Oh, the farm life.

Gotta love it!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, snapping turtles are the CREEPIEST things ever.

    But your pictures are fantastic.

    RIP, Snappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we had to make turtle soup out of the one we found in our yard a couple years ago. Too spicy for me!!! Of course you know it was john making it NOT me! We even eat road pizza. We are the people that others crack jokes about... HA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!