Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fruit Flies Meet Their Demise

While I'm on a vinegar kick, I've just got to tell you about my latest amazing discovery.  First my problem....  the kitchen was absolutely, utterly and completely overrun with fruit flies.  I do not know where they come from.  Nobody does.  They just show up.  In droves.

 I think they must have come in with the cantaloupe from the garden.  Did I mention that I grew cantaloupe???  From seed!  And it was perfect in every way.  And absolutely effortless to grow.  But that's another story.

Anyways,  the fruit flies were quite a bother.
  So, while I was doing a little more reading on the whole vinegar topic, I came across a comment that mentioned how to get rid of fruit flies, which was very interesting.

  I did it and it worked.

Here it is....  Put some vinegar in a bowl, mix in a few drops of Dawn dish washing liquid.

That's it.  Collect and Conquer.  All those little buggers will eventually be drawn to the vinegar and something about the soap makes them unable to escape.  Ta-dah.

I would have shown you a picture (just in case you don't believe it) but it looks kindof gross.  You get the idea, though.  And you've gotta  be patient.  It takes them a while to spread the word and call a meeting. And die. Oh, and it helps to get rid of the cantaloupe.  And anything else in the kitchen that they're enjoying. 

So, you know that old expression, "You get more flies with sugar than vinegar?"  Well, I guess it just depends on what you're planning on doing with the flies.

Happy hunting!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!