Monday, May 21, 2012

Getting A Garden Going

 Thanks to a beautiful weekend and lots of helpers... the garden is coming right along.

 It's hard to believe that it's already time to dig something out and make room for something else.
It's been so hot that the spinach has decided to go to seed.  Now it tastes terrible.  Oh well, time for something else.
 I was pretty amazed by how deep their roots were.  Wow.

And I also figured out that there's WAY too much peat in our raised beds.  Peat is acidic and needs lime or ashes mixed in to neutralize it.  Too bad I didn't know that BEFORE I planted stuff.  Oh well, live and learn.  So we mixed in a bunch of ashes before we plant the next thing.

 Thankfully, there's still lots more to plant.  That's my office.  Pretty impressive, right?  ; )


Check out this nifty trellis that Noah and I invented.  We used some old fencing that we found in the barn.  It's gonna keep the cucumbers from spreading out and taking up too much space.... that's the plan, at least.    : )

 And we finally got that gate/arbor thing finished.  Isn't it cute??


And we didn't even fight one single time.  : )



We were able to finish the fence...  So the chickens are very happy to be free rangin' it again.  They are very grateful.  I can tell.





 And Annabelle got a facial.  Actually, she slept in gum that the kids spit outside the tent that they were sleeping in all weekend in the front yard.  In, in, in...  She felt compelled to guard the door.  So Ruthie thanked her by getting the gum off of her face with cooking oil.


And the kitties are getting absolutely adorable.

   And they want to come home with you.


 Graci and I were working on a new song, which is totally off the subject, but also part of the weekend.  I loooove "Your Great Name"  by Natalie Grant!  I think we're gonna sing it on Biker's Sunday in a couple of weeks.   It's good to be singing again.  If only I had a biker outfit...


 And Benjamin got his very own strawberry plant.  Which I think is adorable.


And, and, and.

And now I'm off to start my week.

Love you all dearly.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!