Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pingin'


Have you ever heard that term?  It might be another militaryism.  Like, "I've got so many different things on my plate that I can't handle them all and I'm really starting to ping."  Except that we rarely state it so clearly.  We just start to ping without warning.  That's me lately.


I'm normally a pretty chill person.  At least on the outside.  I like to go with the flow and let somebody else be in charge if at all possible.

 But lately it hasn't really been possible.  There's a lot to get done and I'm the person to do it.

It's not really "work" that bothers me.  I like to work.  I like to dig dirt and paint and rearrange furniture.  I like to strip wallpaper and can tomatoes.  And do laundry.  I DO NOT like organizing.  Or phone calls.  Or coordinating large events.  I DO NOT like making decisions.  At all.  I'm terrible at it.  And that's what I've got to do a lot of lately.

 I also do not like change.  And there's a lot of that, too.

I definitely see God moving in all of it, though.  I guess that's what the peace that passes understanding is.  It's peace that doesn't make sense. 

I never got a chance to tell you that Jacob was offered a full scholarship to Eastern Kentucky University.  So all those honors courses and ACT studying really paid off.  That is such and answer to prayer.  He's still got to save money over the summer to pay for room and board, but his tuition is paid, and that is awesome!  I've been so busy I haven't really had a chance to process it all yet.  And getting ready for a graduation is huge.  And exciting.  And a little sad, in a weird way.  I think I already miss him and he's not even gone yet.  I told you my brain is weird.

It just makes me appreciate the time we have had.  And take each day a little less for granted.  So, I guess that's a good thing.

OK, maybe I'm just a little sentimental after all.

It just takes something really huge to set me off.

And this is that huge thing.

So, a little bit of pinging isn't such a bad thing.  It means that I really care. 

But if you think of it, say a prayer for me.  It really helps.  And I'm sure the rest of my kids would appreciate it, too!

Love ya,
jen

4 comments:

  1. this is great news! when I told Jeremy, he said, "so, he's moving away?" and I said, "yeah, he's been gunna move away." I meant to say that he was already going to move away. Uh....I think I'm pinging too. and I am praying for you sweet friend! sorry you are sad. :( Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks, Anna. : ) Yeah, motherhood has a way of doing that to ya! Thanks for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gasp. I think we ARE long lost sisters! So much of what you said in your post, could have been written by moi.

    We must sit down and have coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I usually have my coffee while reading your blog! ; )

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!