Thursday, April 5, 2012

Learning to Work...The Bed Building Adventure

Remember that infamous loft building project?  I was going to show you some pictures back then.  However, my trusty imac bit the dust and had to make a trip into the big city for resuscitation.  We thought maybe we lost all 23,000 pictures, but thankfully... all is not lost!  Yes, I know we should have backed them up.  You'll be happy to know they are being backed up as we speak.  Sometimes it takes a crisis to get us off of top dead center.  (another military term)

Patience learning to use a square... or a "triangle."  ?

Anyways, I wanted to show you my hard-working kiddos in action.

They sometimes missed a little bit of school to help me, but they learned lots of other skills in the process.

And the most valuable skill of all...

 work!

 
Painting primer on the bed base.

Me and my trusty assistant.  Wait, maybe I'm the assistant...
Nope, there I am barking out orders again.

Ben looks kindof jealous.  Just wait, Ben, you'll get your turn.
Trying out the ladder design.
Learning where NOT to drill the holes.  And how to use a counter sink bit.


Learning about carriage bolts.  Something we never used before.

So, now that Patience has her loft... Benjamin will be getting her old bed.  The only problem is that it's got pink butterflies on it!


No problem for a hard-working little man...




 And his helpers!


He's gonna be so proud of his bed when it's done.  

Patience is sure happy with hers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!