Friday, April 27, 2012

Yikes!


 My babies are growing up and it's freaking me out!!!

I know, that's what's supposed to happen.


There's no other good alternative.

But it's still very traumatic for the person who has kept them all safely tucked under her wings for so many years.

Currently, I am the proud owner of FOUR teenagers.  I calculated that that's the most I could ever have at one time.  That's also the most that I can handle.

Yesterday we practiced for the graduation.  It was weird.

Tonight they are all going to a little prom-thing that our homeschool co-op put together.  They've been getting ready for it for several months.  Planning, fund-raising, decorating, outfits, fancy food, etc.  Although none of our kids date, they thought it would be fun to get really dressed up and go somewhere fancy.  So, we've been searching high and low assembling their ensembles.  I can't wait to show you the finished product!  We learned lots of fancy hairstyles from Youtube.  Got super-great bargains at thrift stores and clearance racks.  And made some of the jewelry.  They are all driving there together...

 WITHOUT ME!!!

There I go again, freaking out.

If you've already been through this and now you think it's no big deal and that I'm overreacting...  I probably am.  Maybe it's a homeschool thing.  I think that definitely makes the bond a lot stronger.  And harder to separate.  They've just always been WITH me.  For better or for worse.  We've always been together.

It feels so strange.  Like they don't need me as much.  But I know that's not true, either.  Grown-ups still need their mommies, too.  It's just different.  And I've got to let them spread their wings a little.  And make mistakes.  And have some hard things happen to them.   Like setting those baby plants out in the harsh sunlight and wind and rain.  That's what makes them stronger.  As long as it's a little at a time.  And I'm here to bring them back in when it gets to be too much.

Alright, now that makes sense.

 Thanks for talking with me.  : )

I'll take some pictures of them all dressed up for ya. 

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!