Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Fun Eastery Weekend


 This was the perfect ending to a very special day.   I thought I'd show you the best part first.  : )





 And of course we dyed eggs.  Lots and lots of eggs...


 But first we had some work to do on Saturday.  We finally got those potato boxes built and planted.  Lots of yard work for the whole family on a beautiful sunny day.


My little babies got moved to their new home in the garage.  WOW are they growing like crazy!


They're still a little wimpy... they don't like the change much.  But with their blankies, they seem a little happier.

Work's all done, back to eggs.  Turns out that brown eggs make AMAZING colors!

And taste good, too.


Ben wouldn't eat the colored ones.  He was too proud of them.


 Ta-dah!  Aren't they cool?


Whew!  That was a big day...

Next up...

Sunday morning church was awesome.  As usual.  If you only go to church once a year, Easter would be a good choice.  I love Easter.  But I already told you that.  : )


 Time for a family photo while everyone's still dressed up.  OK, this is dressed up for us.


Fancy clothes off.
Soakin' up a little sun...

And then the best part of all.  Our very dear friends decided to drive three hours and surprise us with a visit!!   They were just in time for supper.  How amazing is that?

Yep, same picture again.  I just really like this one.  I love the way God works.  We were just wishing that someone would come visit.  Lo and behold we heard a car in our drive way.  Two great friends show up...


And they also brought me three amazing saddles and a bunch of horse stuff.
And the kids all got their favorite candy.  Because Miss Vicky ALWAYS brings candy.
And Captain had a fellow military officer to talk with.
And I got to hang out with one of my best friends in the whole wide world.

Tomorrow I'll go get the Easter candy on clearance and we'll do baskets in the evening. 

 I'd say that was a pretty perfect weekend.

I love it when that happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!