Monday, April 30, 2012

The $5 Prom Dress...Spring Formal


 Who says homeschoolers are nerds???


This weekend was the homeschool co-op Spring Formal.  All the kids and moms pitched in to make it a fancy, special evening.  We sent FOUR teenagers.  Major feat, there.  But worth the effort...


 Aren't they cute??

 They were all soooo nervous!  They've never even been to a dance before!

On a side note... Graci's dress was $14 on clearance and Ruthie's was $5 at Goodwill!!!!  I think they were the prettiest girls there!  But, of course, I'm biased.  ; )   Their entire outfits, shoes included, came in under fifty bucks each!  Hoo-ah!

We made Graci's necklace.
And figured out this hairstyle from Youtube.  It's just three knots.  : )

We made Ruthie's earrings to match her necklace.
And made up this hairstyle.  We made those little pearl clips,  too.


Uh oh, gotta effect a repair...

I think she's feelin' pretty spiffy!

Speaking of spiffy....

Check out these young bucks!

 Jacob was feelin' fine.  Noah looks a little stressed.
Jacob spent $35 on the vest and jacket.  Noah spent $20 on his whole outfit.  They're proud of their duds, I'm proud of their bargains!

I looooove this pic!  Annabelle loves Noah.


They had a great time.  And I'm extremely glad it's all over!

Now on to the graduation...

2 comments:

  1. OH my word, what good looking kids!

    And the fabulous deal on the girls' dresses...UNBELIEVABLE! I need to go shopping with you, obviously.

    I hope they had a super great time at their special dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! As far as the deals go... I sortof have an agreement with God. It's always been an area of faith for me-- I expect Him to provide for our big family with great deals--as long as we're not too proud to look for them. I'm always asking and expecting in that area.

      Now, if only I could develop faith like that in some other areas of my life...! : )

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!