Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Bought A Palm This Sunday




I love Palm Sunday.  I always have as long as I can remember.   

I have always loved Easter, too.  And Palm Sunday sortof marks the beginning of that awesome, amazing week of thinking about the resurrection.  Any week about that is a good week!  Oh, and it's also our Spring Break week.  What's not to love???

This year, Palm Sunday is extra special...


It was one year ago today that we first came to see our new house in Kentucky.  At the time we were living in downtown Huntington in a borrowed house. With drug dealers next door. Prostitutes on the corner.  And my husband working in Lexington, two hours away.  I actually called the police for the first time in my life there.  More than once.  Yeah, if God wants to break you, he knows exactly how to do it.  All that to say that we were very anxious to move.

When I found the house online, it seemed too good to be true. Lots of things in life weren't working out very well, to say the least. On the drive there, our van broke down.  We left it on the side of the highway, and we all piled in the other van and went to see the house anyways.  It was on Palm Sunday.  That probably gives you some idea of how discouraged we were as Christians.  That we would miss church and not even really care. But lo and behold, God understood us.  And loved us. And moved on our behalf.  He did a miracle for us.

He really does seem to do that best when we're at the end of our rope. At least for me. 

We ALL agreed that it was the right house.  We put a contract on it that day.  By June, we moved in.  Rescued once again!

So, I bought a palm today.  It seemed like the thing to do.  And we went to church.  It was A-MA-Zing! Celebrating the absolute faithfulness of God. That Jesus endured the cross for the joy set before him.  That WE were his joy.  And still are.  Oh man, now that makes me want to preach!

So, Happy Palm Sunday!  Glory to God Who Saves!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!