Friday, April 20, 2012

Move Over, Turkey!

 I've seen squirrels and bunnies, turtles, possums, foxes and a whole gang of deer in the road.

But, I've never seen THIS before!
Oh, Look!  It's a Thanksgiving turkey!  Just standing there in the middle of the road...

                                                         He actually turned in a slow circle for us.  Like he was showing off.

Men.
This is what he looks like un-poofed.  Pretty unimpressive, Tom.
There he goes off into the field.  Show's over.

Here's a few other ginormous birds I saw on the way home.  Some weird vulture-lookin' things.  I spoiled their road-kill meal.  They're just waiting for me to drive on.

Now that's impressive!

And here's my horsies that I stop and talk to almost every time I drive by.  I love the gray, but Noah likes the paint.  They both run up to the fence to say "hi."  Or "give me some food."  Or something like that.  I'm just waiting for a "for sale" sign to be posted on their fence.  : )


 OK, well, I'm off to the library to meet a "stuntologist."  Yeah, I looked that up and it's not actually a word.  But I googled the guy and he looks hilarious.  So, I'm calling it a field trip.
 Yay! for home schooling!


2 comments:

  1. You got a picture of that turkey showing off!!! I guess maybe he thought you might make a good lady friend. LOL! -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! I love it! We have turkeys all over the place where we live, too! Although I can't say that I have ever seen a Tom showing off in the middle of the road like that. He must have thought you were pretty darn special. Ahem. And was very confused. I mean, you're special and all...just not the kind of special he was looking for.

    Moving on.

    Love the horses! What a glorious sight to see each day.

    Your field trip sounds delightful! Swing by and pick us up on your way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!