Monday, June 11, 2012

Holy Chicken, Batman!


Date night on Saturday...  Stopped in at Whole Foods while we were killing time waiting for our movie.   I just about had a cow when I saw the price of these eggs!  And people actually buy them.  Oh my.


It made me happy to see what a good deal it is to raise our own eggs.  And I had a good time looking at all the strange health and beauty products and all the interesting hippie-yuppie shoppers  Bought a bar of peppermint castile soap.  Just out of curiosity, mostly.  But turns out that I really like it alot.  I'd like to try making it, since it was kindof pricey.  But a whole lot cheaper than these eggs!

It's a rainy Monday here in Kentucky.  A nice surprise, since I woke up at 5 a.m. worried about my garden and the fact that I hadn't watered it in a couple days.  That was a senior moment for sure.  But God had it all perfectly under control.  And now everything is green and happy again.

And my chickens are laying golden eggs.

What more could I ask for??


1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, I was at Whole Foods last weekend and was shocked by the price of eggs too!! WOW. I told my husband that those people have quite a business going there with all that OVERPRICED stuff that gullible people buy. (Not that it's all bad stuff...just overpriced!).

    Although I do buy a lot of grain from them!

    I'll stop talking now.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!