Friday, June 29, 2012

The Best Dang Quesadilla



Yes, it's true.  Every single time I eat or even think about a quesadilla I also think about Napoleon Dynamite.  And pronounce it "kaysadilla."  I know, it's weird.

But these here dang quesadillas are amazing.  And easy.  And amazing.  So, you'll want to make them soon.  Because they don't heat up the kitchen much.  And the ingredients are simple.  And they're amazing!


Here's all you need:


1 pack of big tortillas
oil for frying
2-3 chicken breasts
taco or fajita seasoning
1 can of black beans, rinsed
some sort of cheese

...other stuff like sour cream, salsa, guacamole, etc.

Here's what you do:

Cube and fry the chicken.  I don't have a picture of this because I didn't think of it until I was done doing it.  Anyways, once it's cooked add in your taco or fajita seasoning.  I make my own with this stuff...
Get all your fillings ready, coz once you start frying these things, you can't quit or get distracted.  Or you'll set off the smoke alarm.  I'm just guessing on that... ; )


Here's the seasoned chicken, rinsed and drained black beans & cheese.
Heat up the oil in a skillet to medium high.  It's just about to smoke at this point.
 Carefully put the first tortilla into the hot oil.  Sprinkle on the filling ingredients.
 Top with a second tortilla.  Smash it down with a spatula.  Once the cheese starts to melt gently flip the whole thing.  It's a little tricky at first.  Be careful not to splash the oil on yourself.  It hurts, I'm guessing...
Brown the other side.  The whole process only takes a few minutes.  Slide it out onto a plate.
And cut it up with a pizza cutter.  These are best eaten right away, so it's sortof like one of those meals where everybody's placing their order and you're the short order cook.  You can use all different kinds of fillings for this.  Beef, rice, refried beans, queso, colby jack or cheddar cheese are all good, too.  We've never made a combination that we didn't like.

So, go fix yourself a dang quesadilla!



2 comments:

  1. I can vouch for your claims of making the best dang quesadillas. My LORD! Those are so good. :) Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks deeee-licious!!

    I always broil mine in the oven...flip them over, then broil the other side. They turn out nice and crispy without any oil....plus I can do a whole cookie sheet full of them at a time.

    Now I'm hungry for some kaysadillas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!