Sunday, January 15, 2012

Let It Snow!



I was starting to get a little worried that there wasn't gonna be enough snow here in Kentucky.  So far we've had a ton of rain and then some Spring-like days in between.  Noah's been begging for the snow.  The kid hardly ever even wears a coat.  So, needless to say, he's been pretty happy the past few days.  All the kids have been sledding all over the place.  It's nice to have so many hills.  We've only got a few inches of snow, but that seems to be enough to make everybody happy.


And the dog is having a blast.

 
I got to take a walk with Annabelle this morning.  It was so quiet.  And beautiful.  It looks like Narnia, right?  Wow, I feel so blessed!

The chickens are a little weirded out by all the snow.  They won't walk on it.  They were really happy to see me this morning in their coop, though, because I always bring them some sort of treat.  I feel bad for them when they can't get out and explore.



All the birds are out in force scoping out the feeders.  I never thought I'd like birds so much.

But they're really growing on me.


They make me think.

How little and helpless I am.

And how faithful God is.

"Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God.  And you count far more to him than birds." 
Matthew 6:26

What a way to live...careless in the care of God.

Knowing how much we matter to HIM.

"What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving.  

People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. 

Gotta remind myself daily...I know God and how He works.
He is faithful.  He has always been.  He will always be.

Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions.  Don't worry about missing out.  You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met."  Matt. 6

Dwell on it...

God-reality.

God-initiative.

God-provisions.

Don't worry about missing out.

He knows what we need.

Relax.

You count far more to Him than the birds.


jen







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!