Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012, The Year of ????

Happy New Year!

I don't know about you, but I've been curious for quite a while about 2012.  I've heard that it was going to be "The Year of Woes."  Boy, that really makes you want to look forward to it.  There's been a massive amount of predictions and prophecies circulating for a few years now.  It's hard for me to be hopeful when I'm expecting the world to end.

But I'm not.

I'm definitely curious, though.  I'm glad that it's finally here so we can get on with it.  Remember Y2K?
Yeah.
But I do feel that some pretty serious stuff is coming down the pike, this time.  We've got to wake up and pray.  Got to get serious about "dwelling in the shelter of the Most High."  Or else, it might take us by surprise.  So many people I know have been through the wringer over the past few years, wondering why God has allowed so many bad things to happen to them.  We've been there, too.  I'm starting to think that it was part of His merciful plan.  He has been preparing us.  He has been stripping us of non-essential things in our lives.  Getting us used to living on less, and being content with it.  He's been teaching me to not expect Him to make it easy.  You know, there's a lot of incorrect doctrine out there in the modern church.  Thinking that God is obligated to do A, B, C if I do 1, 2, 3.  That's just foolish.  He's God and He's going to do what He decides to do.  I've got to get over myself and decide to believe that He is good no matter what happens.

I do believe that some sort of trouble is coming.  I would rather be prepared for it and be wrong.  There's no possible way that we can think of everything, though.  We can't build a fortress, stockpiled with everything we could possibly need.  But we can do our best.  Saving up resources is good, but what really matters is preparing our hearts.  We need a shelter.  The Lord is the only real shelter.  I want to rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  That's a safe place, no matter what happens.  The only safe place.

That's where I want to be in 2012.



  Jeremiah 29:11  " For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!