Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Montage

 So, yeah, I went to the 127 yard sale. 
 It was one honkin' big yard sale.
I saw this table, which was perrrfect for my family of nine.  
I drove a mile through a farm field, dodging pedestrians and big trucks to find a parking place.
Then I walked back said mile dodging pedestrians and random antiques.
Getting more and more excited all the while.

only to find...
Oh well, that was a bit of a bummer.
 I guess I'm just gonna have to make my own...


 But we did find a five dollar dresser.  Which Noah claimed.  Since he carried it to the van.  
That was lucky.

And Papa came to visit.
And that was nice.


And I got a big box of peaches from the Captain's boss' yard.  Did that make sense?  And my dear husband went over there after work and picked these dear peaches just for me... in his work clothes.
And let me just say that I'm impressed!


And I made soup from my garden stuff.
Because Papa loves veggies and he is very gratifying to cook for.


with bread.

  A bunch of zucchini met it's demise.  Sukey looks confused.

guys shooting...
girls watching...that's Graci-- she's a sucker for Amish romance; )
 And here's Ben, this morning, getting ready to go gather the eggs.

He asked, "Mom, do you mind if I borrow your shoes?"
I answered, "Sure, if you let me take your picture."
His reply, "As long as you don't put it on facebook!"
OK, it's a deal.

My cup overflows.

And so does my trash can. 

And my laundry room.


: )

So, I'm off to process the peaches.


1 comment:

  1. So jealous. There's nothing better than homegrown canned peaches. Unless it's eating a big bowl of them while reading a Beverly Lewis book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!