Monday, March 5, 2012

Starting Seeds... A Happy Surprise

Hello there, little thing.
 
Here's my high tech set-up.  Finally a good use for Christmas net lights!
The middle two are planted with peppers and tomatoes.  They're kept in the dark until they sprout.

This flat only took three days to sprout.  They like those cozy lights.

This is a real miracle to me because I have been an epic failure at gardening thus far.

Do you recognize those little tags? Yep, it's the cool whip container again.


I was having a tough time figuring what to plant and when.  I'm really clueless, like I said.
This is a chart from the Kentucky Extension Agency.  That sure is helpful.  : )





 My dad sent me these heirloom seeds for Christmas.   That was a neat present.

 I'm hoping to learn how to save my own seeds.


The library is having a workshop this month.

That seems like a cool thing to learn.







 So far I've only planted peppers and tomatoes.

We're a real salsa family.











We also like spinach.

Alot.



I'll plant these in a few weeks....
This is the spinach Elijah and I planted this past weekend.  Poor little seeds.  Brrr.


Here's the plan for this week.
Aren't these packets beautiful?

I wanted to buy one of everything!

What are you planning on growing this year?  Have you started any seeds yet?

Yay, Spring!     ; )





3 comments:

  1. Wow. You are so organized! Good job. This is the first year Ive actually grown things from seed indoors. Usually, I just purchase small plants when its time to plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks, Hopefully it will last!
    That's what I usually do, too. How are your seeds doing? Mine came up in 2-3 days, but now they're looking kindof leggy. I figure if I fail, I'll just go buy some plants when it's time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tomatoes came up REALLY fast, but they're looking kinda leggy, but otherwise doing well. If things go well, I think I will start things from seed from now on. It gives me something to do thats "spring like" during those last winter weeks when Im just itching to get outside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!