Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Old Man Winter's Grand Finale

Yesterday morning we woke up to this beautiful surprise.  Two days ago we were wearing shorts.  Weird stuff.  But I am now free to enjoy winter, since I know that it's on its last leg.

Amazing Sunrise...  this is not photo shopped.




Ha!  I finally got a pic of my elusive woodpecker.  He must be lazy.  Or maybe he has a headache.  ?

I ended up taking a tour still in my robe with my coffee.  One of the benefits of country living. : )

This is off the back deck.  All we need is a magic lamp post.

Someone drew a heart on the front door.  I thought it was cute. 

Later that day.  I am fully dressed by this point.  How amazing is this??

I caved and called it a Snow Day.  I'm getting soft in my old age.

Snow angels making snow angels.  Life is good.

OK, Lord, maybe I don't hate winter after all.  You did good with this one.  : )

2 comments:

  1. That first picture needs to be published in a calendar somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that was a beautiful snow. We got only a minor ground cover. Winter does look more beautiful when you know it's not going to last long :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!