Monday, February 6, 2012

Holy Guacamole and Other Random Things...

I had lots of ideas for upcoming posts that I was going to share with you.  I had pictures to go with them.  I also had the strangest thing happen to my computer.  Somehow iphoto has mysteriously vanished from my cyber world, taking all of my pictures with it.  This is one of the many perils of having so many children.  We never quite know who dunnit.


So, here's some random stuff.

I have a TV in my living room.

That is strange for us because I haven't had one for over six months.  Well, there is a television set in the basement that we watch movies on, just so you know we're not Amish.  But this is the first time we've actually had TV stations coming into our house for a while.  And of course you know what did it.  Super Bowl, baby.  And my team won.  Which didn't really matter to me except that I picked them at the beginning of the game and I was right.  Which was even more fun because Captain picked the losers.  But he actually had the nerve to say that his chili was going to be better than mine, so I'm pretty sure that's why he lost the Super Bowl.
And my guacamole was awesome, by the way.

Benjamin wasn't too sure if he was gonna like it....
      
   I almost ate the entire bowl by myself.  It's one of my favorite things.




So, now that TV is sitting there staring at me.  Tempting me to turn it on and see what I'm missing.  But, hey, we resisted "The Voice."  And that's a tough one for a house full of singers.  American Idol practically owned us last winter and we swore we wouldn't do it again.  So far, so good.

I'm working on a new and improved chore chart.  I used to have a good one back before we sold our house and moved five times.  The kids still do their chores, but it is extremely hard for me to remember who does what.  Except kitchen days, which fall according to birth order.  That one's easy.  But I'm afraid these kids are getting over on me and I need a new system.  I'll let you know how that goes...

It's almost time to start some seeds.  I've never done that before, so it will be a miracle if it works.  The librarian, who happens to be an awesome gardener, who happened to write an article in the paper, who happened to send me a free copy with the article in it said that the day after the next full moon is the best day.  I have no idea why, but since she actually grows stuff, I'm taking her advice.  So, that's Feb. 8.  I'm getting all my little pots ready and setting up my grow lights.  I did not inherit my mom's green thumb.  I'm more of an inventor, like my dad.  But, he's become a pretty good gardener lately, so I guess there's still hope for me.


I got all the stuff to make my own laundry detergent.  I'll let you know how that goes.  If I ever get around to making it.  I probably need to run out of what I've already got in order to get motivated.

  There's four birthdays this month...just our kids, not some extended family thing!
So that alone makes for some busy days.  I do them one at a time, so they each have their own week of feeling special.  But that's a lot of extra shopping, and shopping with the kids.  And cakes.  It's all good, though.  I mean, what else are you gonna do in February?
....besides watch TV!

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!