Friday, December 16, 2011

Surprising Deals

How's your shopping going?
If you're done, You are amazing and you can skip this article.
If you're like me, read on...
Alot of people ask how we afford Christmas presents for so many children.  Sister, it ain't easy!  But, it IS possible, with some creative tactics. First, ya gotta think outside the (wal-mart) box.
This year, there's a surprising bunch of deals to be had at the mall.

All my handsome guys, and my coffee.  ♡
If Aeropostle is a brand that your kids like, but you think Wal-mart is cheaper, think again.  I just went yesterday and was pleasantly annoyed to find that the hoodies that I bought a week ago are now even cheaper...can't beat $12!  So, you know that I had to buy the cheaper ones and then return the others.  Geez, what we tightwads will go through to save a buck! Winter coats and jeans are definitely a better deal for juniors at the mall, too. Sears is a store that I wouldn't normally shop at, but they've gotten a lot better.  Better stuff, better deals. By the way,  Aero has another great deal going.  The icing on the bargain cake, you can print their online coupon and reuse it over and over again: $10 off when you spend $50, $25 off when you spend $100.  LIKE!  Here's the "insider" coupon.

In an effort to find crazy bargains, of course I've got to raid the clearance racks.  One big problem with that is that they are usually the wrong season clothes for Christmas presents.  Who wants capris and tank tops for winter??  Yeah, that's bordering on cheapskate! So, I shopped the clearance for this Christmas last Spring.  I love digging out all the awesome deals that I forgot about.  Even though they can't be returned if they don't fit, they were so dirt cheap, that it's not that big of a deal.  And... here's where another "big family" advantage comes in.  Somebody can usually use it!  If not, we'll just pack it away until next year and try again. : )

I've noticed some pretty great deals going on this year, besides the usual clearance racks in the mall stores.  I guess they know that they've really got to compete to get our money, so the game is on.  Wal-mart and stores like that know that there's not much competition, so they don't have to try so hard.  Mall stores work much harder.  I'm glad.  I can use all the bargains I can get!  I guess it's all about the thrill of the hunt, for me.  I mean, my guys will sit out in their tree stand until their butts are frozen.  The least I can do is break a sweat hunting at the mall.

Besides, you can't get a peppermint mocha at Wal-mart!

Two cuties having a coffee break. OK, cocoa.
I hope you find everything you're looking for.  And more.  On sale!
Let me know if you find some great deals that I need to know about.
  : )
Happy hunting,
jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!