Friday, September 21, 2012

How I Roll



I just heard the school bus drive by my house.  My kiddos are still snoozing.  The house is completely silent and dark.  The sound of that school bus reminds me of how blessed I am to home school.  What a privilege it is. What a responsibility.

Truth is, I've been having one of those freak-out-about-everything weeks.
Not good.  Way too much ranting and raving going on around here.  Not screaming and yelling, just constant correcting and disciplining and threatening.  Sortof like a drill sergeant.

 Except that these poor kiddos didn't sign up for that.  So, I really need to get it together.

And that sound of the school bus helps.

Because homeschooling is a privilege.  And it is very messy.  And loud.  And imperfect...

  Exactly the way it should be.

And if I wanted to, I could send them all away on that big yellow bus to who-knows-where to be taught who-knows-what by who-knows-who.  And then I would have my house all to myself to do whatever I wanted... all day long.

UGGG!

No thank you.

I'll take the mess and noise and imperfection any day.

Because I'm a little bit crazy.

And my kiddos are the best thing about my life. 

And that's just how I roll.

Thank you, big yellow bus, for reminding me.



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!