Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Office Day, Or Is It?



Today is supposed to be "Office Day" here at the home front.  Yep, I read yet another home management- type-book and I've been trying to put it to good use.  The idea is that each day of the week has a specific area of focus...Monday: laundry, Tuesday:  kitchen,  Wednesday:  office,  etc.  (I'll tell you more about it later)  Anyways, I started out with good intentions.  Spent the morning sorting papers, checking bank stuff,  making phone calls, cleaning up my desk area.  Office stuff.  The problem begins when I go out to get something in the kitchen and start sorting out the junk drawer.  Gotta feed somebody by then. Back at my desk, random spelling test, time to dig through the deep freezer so I make my way to the garage, realize that it's a mess, too, and tear into it.  That usually happens when it's a nice day.  From there I've got to visit with the chickens, end up fixing something in the yard.  The whole time I'm oblivious to the fact that it's "office day." Turns out I don't really like office day.  Feels too much like work.  I think my thoughts run a lot like this, too.  I guess that's why we're told to take every thought captive.  If we don't, they just have a mind of their own.
Hopefully I'll do better with "Town Day" tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!