Monday, November 21, 2011

The Buck Stops Here

This was the most excited I've been in a long time.  Weird, right?  I jogged all the way to the back of our property when I got the news.  And I'm not a jogger.

This is Noah's first deer.  An eight point buck and I'm just as proud as punch.



 I think he's pretty darn proud, too.


 Of course we could have carted this buck off to the processing people, but that wouldn't fit in with our whole self-sufficiency mind set. Wouldn't be much fun, either.  So, thanks to their strong stomachs, and youtube, they field dressed it themselves...


 And then they hung it in our shed.


The next day...

They brought me lots of meat chunks to clean and package.

I think they were getting tired, so they brought me ...


Yeah, exactly, what am I supposed to do with this????

And why am I even smiling????

We are all new to this country lifestyle.  But my husband decided years ago that if we ever got some land, he was going to hunt with his son.  We got the land and so he did.  And now my fridge is packed full of meat.  And Noah has something cool to tell his kids about.


Now what are we gonna do with this here head?

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!