Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Back Home on the Range

Just got back home from an epic trip to South Carolina...  I drove the "church van" full to the brim with kids and food and clothes and jewelry and props on a seven-hour trip through the mountains to a big festival at our old stomping ground.  Three years ago we actually lived there and I decided to get a booth at Harvest Fest, just to see if I could sell any of my creations.  Well, that year was an amazing surprise and I sold a TON!  This year was a lot different...

They decided to move the "booths" inside and that meant that it was cramped and dark... not the best setting for jewelry.  : (   I did sell some stuff, but not as much as I was hoping.  Maybe it was the monumental effort that it actually took for me to get there--so far away, with so many kids--that  got my hopes up.

Anyways, we got to stay with some dear old friends and visit with others, and that was great.  Also, we spent lots of time with Brit and Luke and their super-cute kids.  Actually, my kids got to spend the most time with them... since I was stuck sitting at my booth.  But Brit brought me some amazing coffee and that made my day a little sweeter!  We got to hear Reinhard Bonnke speak, and, oh my goodness!... that was so great.  He's such a huuuuggely successful evangelist and so humble.  Just Wow!

Oh, and sandwiched on both sides of this monumental trip were my birthday and Captain's.  And also "Sun Dogs."  Have you ever heard of those?  I've only seen one one other time in my life and on this particular trip, we saw two!--one on the way there and also on the way back.  That was weird.  And amazing.  Here's a picture of one.  And also lots of other stuff in order of occurrence....


spinach stuffed manicotti... oh yeah!
New York cheesecake...made with love!

My new "school stuff holder"  and my decorated birthday chair

Oh, I love my card! (and all my kiddos)

Ben said, "Feel my heart!"  when I was trying really hard not to guess that he got me Twizzlers.  : )

OK, back to the road trip...

A stunning view across the mountains.  Notice that I am not standing near that fence.

The booth.

Another little rainbow spot on the way home!

And chicken cordon bleu for the Captain's b-day.  Yummo!

Whew!  I'm glad to be home and back to school.  Oh, and check out my etsy shop... lots of new stuff going on there ASAP.

Love ya. Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!