Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Best Homemade Brownie Mix Ever


Don't ya just love my table setting?  
Once you make these I'm pretty sure you will agree that these are the best.
Trust me.
We're brownie conniseurs.

We used to buy brownie mix by the case and mix 'em up every time we had company stop in...and also every time we felt like having some brownies.  Which was often.  But I haven't bought a mix in quite a while.
 I always just tell myself that it would be cheaper to make them homemade.  Which is true.  But it's something I rarely ever did.  Until now....
We've baked up a double batch of these awesome brownies TWICE in the last two days.

Actually, Ruthie has baked them up.  And I've eaten way more than my fair share! : )  I think she's trying to redeem herself from her last brownie attempt.  Those were terribly hard to swallow for some reason.  It's tough to find a good recipe... especially on the internet.

So, what's so great about these?
I'll tell ya.  They're a mix.  They're handy.
You've probably already got all the stuff you need.
And they are perfect!

Are you convinced yet??

Good.  Here's the recipe:


Brownie Mix
6 cups flour
8 cups sugar
2 cups cocoa powder
1 1/2 T. baking powder
1 T. salt

Mix together and store in an airtight container.  
Use a big deep bowl or a soup pot (which I did) because it make a lot!

To make the Brownies:

2 1/4 C. brownie mix
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 C oil or melted butter (we used butter)
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. chopped nuts or choc. chips (optional)
*a little water if batter is too dry

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 8" square pan. (or line it with foil and grease that)  Combine ingredients and mix til smooth.  Bake 30-35 minutes until center is set.

*If you double the recipe to make a 9x13 pan, they'll be really thick and take closer to 50 minutes to bake.  That's what we did. Yummo!

*You may need to add a little water to the batter if it seems too dry.  Just use your best judgement on that.

*If you line the pan with foil, you can just pop the whole thing out and cut them on a cutting board.  Makes clean up much easier.

*We just measured the mix out into separate plastic bags and wrote on them with a sharpie.  

The mix will store in your pantry just as long as those ingredients would have if left separately... which is a long time.  Although, once you try these, expiration dates won't be a problem.  We've baked four batches so far, and there's plenty of mix left over....But I'm pretty sure they'll all be gone very soon!  The mix would also make nice gifts, packaged in cute jars with the recipe attached.


This amazing recipe came from a blog that I recently found that I am so happy to share with you.  This gal's got tons of homemade mixes. This is the first one that I've tried.. but so far so great. Check it out!

Happy baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!