Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hibernation Un-Motivation



It is19 degrees out there today.  And not a hint of sun ANYWHERE.  Just deadness and gray.  Nothing to do but snuggle up and wait.  Which leads me to my latest theory....

Do you think that humans are supposed to hibernate???


I don't mean crawling into a hole and sleeping straight through the winter (which doesn't sound all bad) but more like a semi-hibernation...  Just slow moving, accomplishing less, eating less and sleeping more.  Because that's what I want to do.  And no amount of coffee is gonna fix it.

I'm thinking that God may have planned it all out this way in the first place.  I mean, the days are so stinkin' short!  And there's no garden to tend or food to can or animals to hunt or eggs to collect.  No yard work or construction or traveling.  There's just cooking, cleaning, laundry and schooling--which isn't really that much compared to the warmer months!

Gosh, no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to bring myself to FEEL like doing anything in the winter.  It's just a sort of survival mode feeling --until the first sunny days of spring arrive and then I'll be right as rain and moving into hyper drive once again.  It's not really a "depression" per say, it's just more of a slowness of the metabolism and overall lack of motivation.

So, I'm just wondering if any of you guys deal with this.

Do you have any advice for me?

Do you think we are all supposed to be semi-hibernating right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love, love, loooove hearing from you!